The caught chicken is one of specific Aceh culinary. By its name, this culinary is obviously made from chicken.
At a glance, to make this menu is really tricky – maybe easy and maybe difficult. But do not doubt about its taste, it’s very crunchy in every single chicken piece and also have good smell from spicy leaves and its spicy flavor is also from chili that used in significant amounts , makes our tongue never stop to chew it.
Curry leaves and pandan leaves, both of leaves are the specific spicy flavorings that make the caught chicken more delicious. The chicken is cut in small size and the leaves are also fried in the same time with the chicken. For the complement, we can strew fried onions which will make the caught chicken flavor more appetizing.
The name of the caught chicken is freshly well known in 6 or 8 years recently. The base ingredient for this menu is kind of chicken that is used – not merely common chicken; however, it is a ‘home chicken’ that is naturally raised. Thus, like its name – the chicken must be ‘caught’ firstly then we can cook and serve it.
Recipe of the Caught Chicken:
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 liter of cooking oil
- 8 leaves of curry leaves
- 4 leaves of pandan leaves
- A cup of water
- 2 or 3 of green chili
Ingredient for the Caught chicken:
- 3 cloves of garlic (be chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (be mashed)
- 3 cloves of red onion
- 5 pieces of cayenne pepper
- 2 cm of turmeric
- 2 cm of ginger
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Water of tamarind (optionally)
The way to make it:
- Cut the chicken into 24-30 pieces and then wash it with water. It highly recommended using lime juice into it.
- All ingredients that mention above are mashed and then mix it with 200 ml boiled water.
- Mix chicken pieces with mashed ingredient and let it stand about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Heat the cooking oil till truly boiling.
- Then fry the chicken until it looks brownish.
- All of chicken pieces must be submerged into oil and make sure that chicken pieces are not coinciding each other.
- For the best result, use frying pan in big size that can load 2 liters of cooking oil. Do not fry the chicken at once but in gradually. (Note: the best result is based on frying technique)
- After all chicken look brownish then put red onion pieces, curry leaves, pandan leaves, and green chili into oil. Fry it continuously about three minutes.
- Then, remove and drain it. Serve it in hot condition.
Want to try it?? It highly recommended menu. Cook it for break fasting menu. It will always become your family choice.